Biochemist's Cookbook

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Two-ingredient pancakes

I came across the idea somewhere on the internet, and it sounded too good to be true. Two ingredients? Nothing but egg and banana? What's the catch?? Of course I had to try it. Just like the mug brownie all over again! However, unlike the mug brownie, these pancakes could actually be called healthy - no added fat or sugar. Unless you eat them with something like maple syrup (like I did).

All you need is:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 eggs
Blend together into a fluffy batter, and fry in a bit of oil. That's it! I thought they were a little fragile and therefore slightly more difficult to flip than regular pancakes, so it's better to keep them fairly small and make sure the pan isn't too hot. 
Next time I think I'll try adding a bit of cinnamon to the batter, or maybe ground ginger. These pancakes might just be my new favorite breakfast food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment in English / Saa vapaasti kommentoida suomeksi / Не стесняйтесь комментировать на русском языке / Om du kommenterar på svenska kommer jag förmodligen inte att förstå

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...