This cheesecake tasted very light and creamy, with just a hint of coconut in the filling. I also really liked the coconut flakes in the crust. It could have been decorated with basically anything - I went with strawberries because I happened to have some in the freezer. Also, decorating cakes is really not my strong suit... That makes me a little sad. Recipe adapted from Valio.
- 10 Digestive biscuits (150 g)
- 1 dl coconut flakes
- 75 g unsalted butter or margarine
For the filling:
- 300 g unflavored cream cheese
- 2 dl (200 g) coconut cream
- 1 dl sugar
- 5 gelatin sheets
- juice of one lime (3-4 tbsp)
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Chilling time: at least 4 hours, or overnight
What to do:
- Crush the biscuits and melt the margarine. Combine the crushed biscuits with the coconut flakes, then add the melted margarine. Mix well.
- Lightly press the mixture evenly over the bottom of a cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Chill the crust in the fridge while dealing with the filling.
- Whisk the coconut cream for a few minutes, then add the cream cheese and sugar, and whisk some more.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Bring the lime juice to a boil in a saucepan. Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatin, and dissolve it in the boiling lime juice. Let it cool down for just a few seconds.
- Slowly pour the gelatinous lime juice into the filling, while constantly whisking.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- After the cheesecake has set, decorate it with some strawberries