Just an easy coffee cake. I used some strange mini candy bars, and although the cake tasted fine, something like Snickers would have worked much better. I think I might actually try that some day. Original recipe is from a cookbook called "Mind-blowing cakes from scratch" by Joan Johnson.
- 3.5 standard size candy bars with soft filling (or 8 small ones)
- 150 g butter or margarine
- 1.5 dl sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 dl milk
- 1 dl chopped nuts (optional)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: about an hour
What to do:
- Grease a cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Melt the candy bars and half the butter in a saucepan or microwave. Set aside.
|The candy bars I used|
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder, then add to the batter along with the milk.
- Stir in the melted candy and butter
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, in an oven preheated to 200 C.
- Cool before serving, then decorate with some whipped cream, frosting, chocolate sauce, icing sugar, or just pieces of candy bars like I did.