This is my new favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I got tired of the muesli selection in the local stores, because they always contain something that I dislike. So I thought I'd make my own! This recipe is for granola, which is basically muesli mixed with syrup or honey and roasted until crispy. Recipe inspired by Valio, Kemikaalicocktail, Suolaa&Pippuria, and Voisilmäpeliä.
- 5 dl rolled oats
- 1 dl almonds (chopped into chunks)
- 1 dl sunflower seeds
- 0.5 dl pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 dl oil
- 3 tbsp syrup (I used cane syrup, but maple syrup or honey would work well here)
- dried fruit or berries of choice
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, nuts, seeds and spices.
- Add oil and syrup and mix well to coat the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 175 C for 15-20 minutes, mixing a few times so that all of the mixture is evenly roasted.
- Serve with unflavored yogurt or milk, and add some dried fruit and/or berries!