My Christmas vacation started today, woohoooo for that! There probably won't be any updates for the next two weeks, so I leave you with a recipe for a Christmas-flavored coffee cake. It tastes sort of like gingerbread, and is deliciously soft. Recipe by Pirkka.
|Happy holidays, everybody!|
You will need:
- 2 dl heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 dl molasses (syrup)
- 3 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda (or 2 tsp baking powder)
- 1 tsp ground bitter orange peel (pomeranssinkuori)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground cloves
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 35 g butter or margarine (melted)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 40-50 minutes
What to do:
- Grease a small cake tin (or a loaf pan), and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the cream until whipped.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and sugar into a thick foam.
- Combine the dry ingredients in yet another bowl.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the egg-foam with a plastic spatula.
- Add the molasses, and then the dry ingredients, carefully stirring the dough.
- Finally, add the melted (and cooled) margarine and give the dough a final mixing.
- Pour the dough into the tin.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 175 C, at the lowest level, for about 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 150 C, and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Wait for the cake to cool down a little, then flip it onto a large serving plate and cut into slices.