I wanted to use up some of the red currant I have in the freezer. These muffins were very good, although I overfilled the muffin cups, so they turned out giant. Also, I think I'll try adding some oat flakes to the dough next time. Original recipe here.
For 8 large, or 12 medium-sized muffins:
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 dl sugar
- 3 dl all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 0.75 dl milk
- 4 dl red currant (fresh or frozen)
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
What to do:
- Beat the eggs and sugar into a light foam.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave, and cool down.
- Add the dry ingredients, melted butter and milk to the batter in several additions. Mix carefully but thoroughly with a spoon or spatula.
- Finally, add the red currant.
- Fill the muffin cups with the dough.
- Bake at 200 C for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
|This is what failure looks like :(|